Children: Their Non-Accidental Death or Serious Injury (Criminal Trials)
Current project status
The current status of this project is: Complete.
List of project stages:
- Analysis of responses
- Initiation: Could include discussing scope and terms of reference with lead Government Department
- Pre-consultation: Could include approaching interest groups and specialists, producing scoping and issues papers, finalising terms of project
- Consultation: Likely to include consultation events and paper, making provisional proposals for comment
- Policy development: Will include analysis of consultation responses. Could include further issues papers and consultation on draft Bill
- Reported: Usually recommendations for law reform but can be advice to government, scoping report or other recommendations
This project is complete. Our recommendations were implemented by the Domestic Violence, Crime and Victims Act 2004 (c28)
This project published recommended changes in the law governing criminal responsibility for the non-accidental death or serious injury of children.
The report includes a draft Bill.
Area of law