Main project: Contempt of Court
Current project status
The current status of this project is: Analysis of responses.
List of project stages:
- Analysis of responses
- Initiation: Could include discussing scope and terms of reference with lead Government Department
- Pre-consultation: Could include approaching interest groups and specialists, producing scoping and issues papers, finalising terms of project
- Consultation: Likely to include consultation events and paper, making provisional proposals for comment
- Policy development: Will include analysis of consultation responses. Could include further issues papers and consultation on draft Bill
- Reported: Usually recommendations for law reform but can be advice to government, scoping report or other recommendations
Work on this project is currently suspended. We have no immediate plans to resume this work, although it will be periodically reconsidered for possible inclusion in our forward programme.
Our final report in the Contempt of Court project will deal with contempt in the face of the court and other aspects of contempt by publication not dealt with in our previous reports.
Area of law
Professor David Ormerod QC