Damages for Personal Injury: Non-pecuniary Loss
Main project: Damages for Personal Injury
Current project status
The current status of this project is: Complete.
List of project stages:
- Analysis of responses
- Initiation: Could include discussing scope and terms of reference with lead Government Department
- Pre-consultation: Could include approaching interest groups and specialists, producing scoping and issues papers, finalising terms of project
- Consultation: Likely to include consultation events and paper, making provisional proposals for comment
- Policy development: Will include analysis of consultation responses. Could include further issues papers and consultation on draft Bill
- Reported: Usually recommendations for law reform but can be advice to government, scoping report or other recommendations
This project is complete
Our final report on this project examined the principles governing, and the effectiveness of, the remedy of damages for monetary and non-monetary loss, with particular regard to personal injury litigation.
Area of law
Commercial and common law