Current project status
The current status of this project is: Complete.
List of project stages:
- Analysis of responses
- Initiation: Could include discussing scope and terms of reference with lead Government Department
- Pre-consultation: Could include approaching interest groups and specialists, producing scoping and issues papers, finalising terms of project
- Consultation: Likely to include consultation events and paper, making provisional proposals for comment
- Policy development: Will include analysis of consultation responses. Could include further issues papers and consultation on draft Bill
- Reported: Usually recommendations for law reform but can be advice to government, scoping report or other recommendations
This project is complete. Our recommendations were accepted in part but they will not be implemented
This project was part of the sixth programme of law reform.
In our final report we explain how the law regulates the repair and maintenance of leasehold property and make recommendations for the reform of certain aspects of the law that governs the obligations of parties to a lease to repair and maintain the property which is let.
Area of law