Parliamentary Costs Bill
Current project status
The current status of this project is: Complete.
List of project stages:
- Analysis of responses
- Initiation: Could include discussing scope and terms of reference with lead Government Department
- Pre-consultation: Could include approaching interest groups and specialists, producing scoping and issues papers, finalising terms of project
- Consultation: Likely to include consultation events and paper, making provisional proposals for comment
- Policy development: Will include analysis of consultation responses. Could include further issues papers and consultation on draft Bill
- Reported: Usually recommendations for law reform but can be advice to government, scoping report or other recommendations
This report was published 14 June 2006.
The Bill which is the subject of this report consolidates the legislation about the costs relating to Parliamentary proceedings on private Bills. The Bill extends to England and Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
A joint report with the Scottish Law Commission.
Area of law