Powers of the Criminal Courts (Sentencing) Bill
Current project status
The current status of this project is: Complete.
List of project stages:
- Analysis of responses
- Initiation: Could include discussing scope and terms of reference with lead Government Department
- Pre-consultation: Could include approaching interest groups and specialists, producing scoping and issues papers, finalising terms of project
- Consultation: Likely to include consultation events and paper, making provisional proposals for comment
- Policy development: Will include analysis of consultation responses. Could include further issues papers and consultation on draft Bill
- Reported: Usually recommendations for law reform but can be advice to government, scoping report or other recommendations
This project is complete
The Bill that is the subject of this Report consolidates certain enactments relating to the powers of courts in England and Wales to deal with offenders and defaulters and to the treatment of such persons.
A joint report with the Scottish Law Commission.
Area of law