Current project status
The current status of this project is: Complete.
List of project stages:
- Analysis of responses
- Initiation: Could include discussing scope and terms of reference with lead Government Department
- Pre-consultation: Could include approaching interest groups and specialists, producing scoping and issues papers, finalising terms of project
- Consultation: Likely to include consultation events and paper, making provisional proposals for comment
- Policy development: Will include analysis of consultation responses. Could include further issues papers and consultation on draft Bill
- Reported: Usually recommendations for law reform but can be advice to government, scoping report or other recommendations
This project is complete. We are awaiting the Government's response to our recommendations
In this project we set out to reform the means by which a landlord can terminate a fixed term commercial or residential tenancy where the tenant has not complied with their obligations.
Our recommendations were published in a report on 31 October 2006.
Our report was based on a consultation we conducted in January 2004.
Commissioner Stuart Bridge gave a lecture to the Property Bar Association about this project on 9 November 2006.
Area of law
Property, family and trust law